Nothing good about telemarketing on a Friday night

I work 5:00pm to 9:00pm every Friday night doing the telemarketing thing. This is truly a shit shift. No one is home, or admits they are home. Those that do admit to being the person I'm calling are very rarely pleasant or interested. Not that many people are at any time, but Fridays are their own kind of hell.

Every other Saturday I also work days at the telemarketing gig. So I have about ten and half hours between the commutes. This makes the Friday before even more heinous. But more than the average stress of being a telemarketer (seriously, try it) Fridays suck all the more because I get reminded with virtually every call that I am not just not out on a Friday, I'm working, as a fucking telemarketer!

I haven't been out, like "out," on a Friday or Saturday night in forever. And I don't mean "oh it has been six months since we went to that bar that time!" forever, I mean like seven YEARS forever! This must really hammer home the "Kir doesn't go out drinking" thing very well doesn't it?

I do go to gatherings with friends when I can, but we just sit around and eat and maybe have some wine and then go home. Only once have I been out past midnight on a non-New Year's Eve in years! So every time I get the answering machine or babysitter or grandparent on a Friday night call, I die a bit inside. I may be a cam model and body modification enthusiast and talk like a freak, but damn I'm boring.

Friday nights suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment