If you can't type, you might want to rethink using a chat room...

Monday night I went back online after almost a week of needing time off. I had a wonderful night. All concerns about my regulars moving on or forgetting me were assuaged and I realized that as much as I enjoy my regulars, apparently they enjoy me as well. It was very satisfying to be able to move right back into enjoying my chat and performance time and reconnecting.

I was still carrying the glow of that contentment with this aspect of my life when I signed on last night.

It faded quickly.

If you are in an environment that requires at least marginally decent typing/spelling/grammatical skills in order to be understood by the other individuals in that environment, it might help if you actually have them.

Last night for the first time in a very long time, not one of my regular friends showed up to my room. NOT ONE. And I was desperate for some support.

I had a new to me member show up last night with the absolute worst typing skills I have seen since I started cam modeling. Now I'm used to the ubiquitous use of "text speak" in the chats I see;

"Hi bb, hru?"
"Gr8, u?"
"U do sph?"

That I can deal with. I don't enjoy it, but at least I can read it and figure out what the member is saying and for what they are looking. But what I encountered last night was so far out of my field of understanding that I felt like I was sitting sideways from the world and needed a translation key.

"Hi Royale, U real Special U no?"
"I see in U, it Really no?"
"U must be a starbabii 4 Real no?"
"I like U, U Special and All That Jazz!"
"What U thk about the Phisical Clip? For Real or Ficticious?"

I'm sorry, what about the physical clip? (Now I'm thinking circumcision or something here.)

"The Physcal Clif, Real or no?"

(Are you kidding me? You want me to talk about the Fiscal Cliff on a cam model site? Okay...)

So I briefly described the Fiscal Cliff and what I was concerned about happening next year and then asked, "Was that a test?"

"No not test. U Special. Smart and Sexi and All That Jazz! U No?...."

This went on for an hour and a half. I was getting dizzy. There were at least a dozen "And All That Jazz" and I can't even count how many "U No?" and I think I needed to be drunk to understand what was going on.

Finally, FINALLY, the very first member with whom I had a session showed up, and I almost bounced with relief. I'm not entirely sure he remembers me, and he's not the most couth of the members, but damn if I wasn't so very much thrilled to see someone who can type and just wants to get his rocks off. I had been online for two hours by now and was watching my "private time online" percentage drop like a stone. I got naked faster than you can say "U No?" And once he was done, so was I.

My brain needs a vacation.


No comments:

Post a Comment