Writing Sex

I went to college way back in the  mid-90s and graduated with a BA and a double major in English (writing) and Speech & Theater. Seriously. Go ahead and point out how ridiculous that is. It does, however, mean I can express myself coherently and act like I know what I'm talking about. Also, one would think I would be writing a lot.

Other than this blog, I barely write at all. I used to keep journals for my daughter for when she is older, but the last one has been neglected for months. The only thing I write other than this blog, is sex. I don't even keep most of it. Just type scorching hot seduction and copulation scenarios that smolder and flame and would put most "erotic romance" scenes to shame. I should really write a book, but I can't seem to come up with an actual story. Or characters. Or anything other then the actual act of sexual encounter. And as good as they are, they aren't enough to sell anything. Maybe something for Penthouse Forum, but not a serious writing career.

I need to find a way to link my skill at writing passion and longing and orgasmic fucking, to writing about people and issues that draw a reader into an entire world. And yet somehow, with all the studying I did a lifetime ago, I have forgotten how to do that.

I should also be drawing and painting again. I was privately trained in my youth in watercolour and oil paint and drawing and photography. Now I snap pics with my smartphone and edit them with apps and call it done.

I was recently introduced to some really outstanding ambient electronic music, and after listening to "Ouraborus" several times on Homework Vol. 1 I came up with the seeds of several ideas for drawings and/or paintings. Things involving combinations of realism and zen doodling, and blue and silver and light and maybe feathers...

Guess I should just do it eh? Write, and draw and paint. Create. Just keep doing it and in the doing learn and in the learning grow and in the growing find myself... In that case I should get to bed and try to not be a walking zombie every day during daylight hours.

If anyone actually comments on this post, I will provide examples of my sex scenes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment