"American Gods" and creme de cassis

If my previous post wasn't clear enough, I am not doing well. I feel like shit, I want to stab someone in the head with a fork, and I think I'm getting my period early. And on top of all that none of my favorite playmates, either my husband or virtual, have been available recently.

So I said "Fuck it" and took tonight off. Watched an episode of "The Walking Dead" with Hubby for the third time, ate an entire bag of microwave popcorn and then decided I needed a bath.

A bath for me is a production. It requires accesories and preparation. I do not just sit in hot water and call it done. The room must be comfortably warm, there should be incense and/or candles. If I have it, bath oils or bubbles. A cold drink of some sort. And either music or a great book or both. Because it was late and the wildflower child was asleep, I opted for book only.

Also some waterproof toys, just in case.

I chose for my book "American Gods" by the incomparable Neil Gaiman. I have read it before, but felt that at this stage in my life I needed to feel close to the AllFather, wicked and tricky as he can be, and Gaiman gives me that closeness. Also the worst of my days have yet to suck quite as much as Shadow's tend to...

My drink was a wonderfully sweet sparkling cider with a generous splash of creme de cassis, creating a blood red sparkling cocktail of mild alcholic content.

Incense was a mellow patchouli with undertones of sandalwood.

Toys were "Sweet" and the new dildo who has yet to be officially named and a suction cup attatchment for him.

I'm very glad that I opted for the bath instead of going downstairs. At about 11:30pm, my daughter woke up crying and I was able to minister to her immediately. She dropped back to sleep in less then ten minutes and I returned to the still hot water and gripping novel. Eventually I realized I did want to use my toys and tried out some new methods for stress relief that I will incorporate into future bath times.

I always feel guilty taking time off for myself, especially since soon enough I won't have a choice in the matter when I get my period. But it had to be done. And now I am clean, and somewhat satiated and I might even be able to get to sleep before 3:00am. What a concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment