Tired. Are we surprised?

So I'm pet sitting this week.

Job number three. Not including parenting, which is the first and most important vocation in my life at this point. (Now that we got that out of the way...)

I have a few pet sitting clients that hire me several times a year. They are the absolute opposite in requirements. One has me go every other day to scoop the cat boxes and refresh their food and water and feed the turtles. Maybe medicate the one cat if I can catch him. But the client I'm working for this week, she's different.

Four cats, two rats, one high needs client.

I have to go twice a day (medication for one cat does require it, I understand this). She expects me to play with the one cat with "his" flashlight before meals. I have to portion out their food between five bowls (one is a puzzle bowl to increase activity). I must socialize the rats, as well as investigate for any illness. Take in the mail (that makes sense), put out the garbage and this time, do the dishes. And you should see the notes she leaves me. Also phone calls. With lots of weird laughing. She's odd.

Honestly the cats and rats are fantastic and all this is pretty easy, but I do have to drive there twice a day. Since we only have one good car in the family, I decided, in my infinite wisdom, that what I would do is go over before I head to work and then again after I'm done with the cam modeling. This way Hubby has the car during the day to go to and from his job.

Even though I generally stay up stupid late (and make bat Twitter decisions during the wee hours), this having to drive out after caming is killing me. I just can't seem to come back and head straight to bed. This morning I ended up having a bath at 3:30 a.m. Then the Wildflower Child wakes up by 9:00 a.m. most mornings. Sometimes she will let me stay in bed until 10:30 a.m. if I am very very lucky.

I need sleep.

This week I work Saturday morning at the telemarketing job. So unless I can nap Saturday afternoon, I don't see much chance for sleep until Sunday.

And yes, I'm whining. I'm tired. I love cam modeling, and I'm grateful for my shitty telemarketing job, and I am so happy I get to be Mama every day for so much of the day, but damn it, I'm tired.

I want a vacation. I can't go on vacation. But I want one.

No comments:

Post a Comment