Monday

I know that technically the week starts on Sunday, but I always feel like it really truly starts Monday morning. When I am snuggled deep under the covers (and some cats) trying to avoid getting up as the Wildflower Child stirs, then snuggles, then gets up and starts playing, and eventually steps on my head as she climbs over me and tries to push me out of bed. This is a process that can last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour and a half.

The last several Mondays all I have really accomplished is getting breakfast for the child and relocating my carcass from the bed to the daybed, where I commence the snuggling under covers (and cats) for as long as possible until I have to get ready for the "day job."

This is truly not something of which I'm proud. I read books to Wildflower Child when she brings them to me. We snuggle and play with toys on the daybed. I get her numerous snacks and meals and beverages. And then I doze again. Sometimes I spend a bit of time online, but mostly, I nap.

This isn't just Monday's either, but they are the easiest to look at and say "See? There is a distinct lack of motivation to do anything productive there..."

I have a half finished painting sitting on an easel less than five feet from where I am sitting. There are ingredients for meals in the kitchen and refrigerator. I just don't have the energy to create anything right now.

The major difference between the last several Mondays and today? I did laundry. And it isn't even 2:00 p.m. and I have my clothes picked out for work tonight. And I know what lingerie I will wear for work later. So I'm way ahead of the game. I read a story to the Wildflower Child and have fed her twice. And later, she'll get a bath when I'm done with my shower and keep me company while I experiment with my hair. Oh and I painted my nails. Because that's really important.

I wish I could find a switch that keeps my motivation and energy levels "on." Unfortunately I seem to be primarily stuck on "off" with sputtering moments of creativity and production. Even trying to write a blog post today has my brain moving sluggishly and dreaming of a nap.

The daybed is calling and I have about an hour before I need to start getting ready. Might go close my eyes. Just for a minute.


No comments:

Post a Comment