November, damn, the year is almost over

We made it through Halloween this year without a natural disaster, so that should count for something. But I still woke up this morning with my heart in my throat trying to figure out how we are going to pay electric, car insurance, and my husband's DUI fees. Not to mention buy food. At least it is warm enough so that there is no need to start the pellet stove. And I'm trying to be very conservative with oil because I have no idea how we are going to afford that this winter.

Stress.

So in the spirit of November and challenges and Thanksgiving... I'm doing my hardest to remain positive.

This  morning I started a 30 day plank challenge. I will get this body in great shape somehow.

I printed out a 14 months check-off calendar to keep track of my hoop practice.

I got a long wonderful cuddle session with the Wildflower Child before starting our day. And she ate the oatmeal I made for breakfast.

These are good things.

Last night I actually dressed up for Halloween for my office costume contest. Came in second. Lost the $20 gift card by one vote.

Every year I think I'll try participating in NaNoWriMo, and then I get overwhelmed and don't even try. So this year I'm saying that the plank challenge is enough. Fuck, just getting to the end of the year with a husband still in the ARD program and a roof over my head will be enough.

I'm really dreading the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment