Trying to focus

I actually feel guilty when I don't post a new blog in a reasonable amount of time even though I think only four people ready this. If that.

As I mentioned a few posts back, I've been having serious problems with migraines and other headaches lately. So much so that I lost essentially an entire week of my life last month. So I finally did the adult thing and went to the doctor.

For the first time since my daughter was 6-weeks-old.

I've been diagnosed with combination headaches. Meaning if I don't have a migraine, I have a tension headache. If I don't have a tension headache, I have a migraine. If I don't have either, look up, there are probably pigs flying overhead.

So I left that doctor's appointment with three prescriptions. One is for an anti-convulsive medication, one is for an anti-hystamine that also causes anxiety relief and sedation and some pain relief and one is for something that "resets the brain."

Yay.

I started the anti-convulsive medication two nights ago. I haven't been brave enough to use the other medications even when I had a headache yesterday. Apparently they can knock me out for quite a while so I need to have someone else here in case I pass out. I should not have driven to work yesterday. I was stoned out of my mind. I took last night off of cam modeling to try and get some sleep.

Today I feel like there are butterflies in my brain and I am having an optical migraine.

I want to do thirty things at once (none of them are useful) and everything looks wavy and shiny.

Awesome!

But I do feel a little less stoned and that might be a very good sign.

I'm hoping I have the weight loss side-effect from the medication. That would be fantastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment