Nights versus Days

When I started telemarketing for the firm I am with now, I started as part of the "day shift." I would work Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 1:00pm. I was a strong performer, but not the best and I rarely made commission. I would get close, but not quite there to the minimum lead count needed to get that extra income. When I came back to the position in September of this year, I joined the "night shift" and every other  Saturday. I just made commission yesterday for the second time since I came back. This is blowing my mind because most of the "big performers" in our office are day shift people. To be fair they also tend to work extra hours at nights or every Saturday, but still, all I care about is the money. And I'm making more at the same job now than I did for a year and a half of days. Plus I have more freedom and a great relationship with my manager. AND I can sleep in with my toddler and take it easy during the day, which I need since I'm generally awake until 3 or 4:00am.

Understanding my crazy schedule though, I'm debating about tonight's cam performance. I work until 9:00pm Friday nights at my "real job" and then I have go in tomorrow for a 9:00am start. This doesn't give me a whole lot of time to get in a show. But I am very close to the goal I set for myself to make this week, and it would be a shame to miss it by $10.00. I wish there was a way to know whether or not any of my repeat customers would be one tonight because I would make a significant effort to be there for them because I know I would definitely make my goal, and have fun doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment