Am I a Person?

So I've been debating in my head for much too long if the man I have been dating likes me as a person, or because he gets what he wants from me.

This is a debate I've had many too many times.

This is probably a debate too many sex positive and sexual woman (and probably more than a few men) have.

Also, am I dating a sex addict? But that's another question all together.

I want to be loved. I don't think that's unique in the world of humanity. I love often and deeply and in a kaleidoscope of ways. I love my family. I love my dog. I love my friends. I even fell a little in love with the man I'm dating. Do I want to get married? No. Do I want to move in together? No. Do I want to feel appreciated and safe and respected, and maybe even a little bit part of his life? Yes. That would be nice. Because even if we aren't meant to be together for the rest of our lives, doesn't mean we can't be there for each other now.

More and more I am thinking that for him, all I am is a way to relieve stress, have fun and get what he wants. Sometimes I am good for a ride or to help out with a yard sale. I am a shoulder to cry on, a listening ear, a companion when he wants it. Otherwise, I'm not even on his radar.

Or at least that is how it feels right now.

I wrote an email, because that is what I do, asking him one question; "Are you interested in getting to know me better?" It is a yes or no answer type of question. If yes, then we go forward and hope that he takes a moment to understand that he needs to put in some work that matters. If no, well then I have to decide if I like the sex enough to not be a complete person.

I am waiting for the response.

No comments:

Post a Comment