Financial Assistance

The Wildflower Child ends kindergarten towards the end of this month, and I have to get her in some sort of day camp for the summer. So I've applied for a state subsidy program that works with a local YMCA.

That application involved very personal documentation and proof my ex is a deadbeat.

Then I discovered I would still have fairly substantial out of pocket costs for Wildflower Child's YMCA program membership, camp deposit and transportation, so I have to apply through them for assistance.

Thirty pages of documentation later...

I'm serious.

To save on $180.00 of membership and deposit fees and $385.00 of bus costs, I had to provide thirty pages of financial and personal information.

I spent almost two hours crafting a very comprehensive PDF in order to email it before their financial meeting on Monday or Tuesday. Got a cool new application for my Chromebook in order to make the file. And managed to program the house printer to scan to my Google drive.

Next thing I apply for, their I going to ask for my blood type and if I'm an organ donor.

And people think the working poor have it so easy and are just sucking at the teat of society.

Fuck this hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment